The entire citrus industry is invited to participate in this FREE one-day conference, which will highlight the "best of the best" in citrus research. As space is limited, registration is required.
WHAT: California Citrus Conference
WHEN: October 6, 2021
WHERE: Wyndham Visalia (Map)
7:00 AM - Conference Registration Opens/Complimentary Breakfast Buffet
8:30 AM - California Citrus Conference Opening Session
- Positioning the Industry for Success - Casey Creamer
- Citrus Pest and Disease Prevention Division Update - Victoria Hornbaker
- Citrus IPM in the San Joaquin Valley - Sandipa Gautam, Ph.D.
10:00 AM - Morning Break/Scientific Poster Touring
10:30 AM - Morning Session 2
- Developing Genetic Tools to Facilitate New Variety Selection - Danelle Seymour, Ph.D.
- Development of CRISPR/CAS Genetic Engineering Tools for the Control of the Asian Citrus Psyllid - Omar Akbari, Ph.D.
- Postharvest Diseases of Concern for Worldwide Marketing of Citrus Fruit - Field and Packinghouse Management Strategies - Jim Adaskaveg, Ph.D.
12:10 PM - Complimentary Lunch/Scientific Poster Touring
1:30 PM - Afternoon Session 1
- Accelerating Citrus Breeding Using Genetic Engineering - Sean Cutler, Ph.D.
- Biology and Management of the Asian Citrus Psyllid in Southern California - Monique Rivera, Ph.D.
- HLB: Where We've Been, Where We Are, Where We're Going - Rick Dantzler
3:00 PM - Afternoon Break/Scientific Poster Touring
3:20 PM - Afternoon Session 2
- A Stable Antimicrobial Peptide with Dual Functions of Treating and Preventing Citrus Huanglongbing - Hailing Jin, Ph.D.
- CRaFT Project Introduction - Melinda Klein, Ph.D.
4:10 PM - Conference Concludes
Continuing Education (CE) Units
3-hours of Continuing Education (CE) "Other" Units have been approved by the California Department of Pesticide Regulation.
Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) Units
Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) Units have been applied for and will be available to conference attendees, pending approval.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.