The entire citrus industry is invited to participate in this FREE one-day conference, which will highlight the "best of the best" in citrus research. As space is limited, registration is required.
Conference Schedule (Tentative)
7:00 AM - Conference Registration Opens/Complimentary Breakfast Buffet
8:30 AM - California Citrus Conference Opening Session
- Welcome - CRB Chairman and CRB President, Citrus Research Board
- Strengthening The Connection Between Research and Advocacy – Casey Creamer
- CA-Craft Project Update - Melinda Klein, Ph.D.
- New USDA Citrus Rootstocks in California – Kim Bowman Ph.D.
10:00 AM - Morning Break/Scientific Poster Touring
10:30 AM - Morning Session 2
- Keys To Successful Weed Management in Citrus - Sonia Rios
- Optimizing On-Target Canopy Deposition In Citrus: Considerations For Minimizing Spray Drift Potential - Peter Larbi, Ph.D.
- Development Of a Novel Symptomless Virus-Like Agent To Deliver RNA And Peptide Therapeutics Into Citrus For Long-Term Control Of Diseases Caused By Bacteria And Other Pathogens - Anne Simon, Ph.D.
12:00 PM - Complimentary Lunch/Scientific Poster Touring
1:30 PM - Afternoon Session 1
- Pesticide Laws and Regulations: Updates - Amanda Zito
- Updates On San Joaquin Valley Citrus IPM - Sandipa Gautam, Ph.D.
- Opportunity And Challenges for Robotic Harvesting Of Fruits - Reza Ehsani, Ph.D.
2:45 PM - Afternoon Break/Scientific Poster Touring
3:00 PM - Afternoon Session 2
- Salt and Nitrate Programs: Impacts and Opportunities for Citrus - Sarah Rutherford and Daniel Cozad
- How Technology Is Transforming California Citrus - Jason Bills
- IPM Guidelines for Mandarins: Spring Pests - Jay Rosenheim, Ph.D.
4:30 PM - Conference Concludes
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Two (2) hours of "Other" and a half (.5) hour of "Laws & Regulations" units have been approved by the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR).
- Two (2) hours of "Integrated Pest Management" and one (1) hour of "Crop Management" units have been approved by Certified Crop Advisers (CCA).