The Citrus Research Board (CRB) is a grower-funded commodity Board that operates under the authority of the California Department of Food and Agriculture Marketing Branch. The CRB’s mission is to ensure a
sustainable California citrus industry for the benefit of growers by identifying and prioritizing research needs, and investing in and promoting sound science.
The Assistant Accountant will assist with banking, accounts payable, reporting, and other accounting and administrative duties as needed. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Process incoming paper or electronic invoices for payment.
• Process incoming paper or electronic requests for reimbursements from grantees.
• Mail or electronically submit payments to vendors.
• Maintain vendor files.
• Preparation of 1099s.
• Process incoming mail and prepare deposits.
• Prepare assessment (revenue) reports as requested.
• Answer phones and assist with other reception duties as needed.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the President and the Chief Financial Officer.
• Clear, effective verbal and oral communication.
• Thoroughness and accuracy.
• Ethical conduct.
• Ability to create and organize electronic files.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
AA preferred. High school diploma plus three years of experience in a similar role required. Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required. QuickBooks experience preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• The CRB provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
• Salary $20 per hour.
The CRB is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or veteran status or other characteristic protected by the law.