The Citrus Research Board (CRB) is a grower-funded commodity Board that operates under the authority of the California Department of Food and Agriculture Marketing Branch. The CRB’s mission is to ensure a sustainable California citrus industry for the benefit of growers by identifying and prioritizing research needs, and investing in and promoting sound science.
The Communications and Human Resource Administrative Assistant will assist the President with human resource and communications duties. This position also has responsibility for minute taking at meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Citrograph Magazine.
Assists with writing, production coordination, proof reading and editing.
Maintain distribution mailing lists.
• Social Media
Develops social media strategy and implements.
Produces semi-monthly electronic newsletter.
• Press Releases
Composes and distributes press releases as required.
• Event Planning and Production
Provides assistance in planning and producing grower meetings and events.
• Assist with job postings and perform initial screening of applicants for open positions.
• Setup interviews for the President.
• Onboard new employees.
• Assist in maintaining job descriptions, performance evaluations and employee benefits package.
• Maintain employee files, paid-time-off records and annual review of the employee handbook.
• Comply with reporting requirements regarding Form 700s and ethics training for Board members and Corporate Officers.
• Utilize employee leave forms, W-4s, employee deduction authorizations, and notifications of pay changes to prepare a summary spreadsheet for each pay period.
• Coordinate the exit process for terminating employees.
• Take corporate minutes during Citrus Research Board meetings. Also, prepare minutes during various subcommittee meetings and submit all to the President for final review and submission in a timely manner to the committee/board members and CDFA.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the President.
See full announcement and application instructions HERE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.